“Where do you think you’re going?” Jongwoon’s mother screamed, pulling at Jongwoon; he pushed her back.I don't care if its slash or incest this story is so damn freaking sad.
“Away from both of you,” he snarled, and her face darkened.
“You want to leave this house with that piece of garbage?”
“Don’t call Ryeowook – “ Jongwoon began, but Ryeowook had apparently reached his limit; a sob burst out of him, and he tore his hand away from Jongwoon’s, running out of the room and out of the front door, slamming it loudly behind him.
“Ryeowook!” Jongwoon yelled, throwing his mother a furious look as he sprinted after him, flinging the front door open, just in time to see Ryeowook running across the road outside their house, running without looking, running with his head bowed so only Jongwoon saw the van coming, only Jongwoon and not Ryeowook.
When he stumbled over to the bloodied body on the ground and sank to his knees next to it, Ryeowook was already gone.
“I love you,” he could only whisper as he cradled Ryeowook’s limp head in his lap, caressing his beautiful doll-like face, Ryeowook’s blood staining his hands and clothes, the same blood that ran in his veins. “I love you, Ryeowook, and I’ll never leave you. Didn’t you say you wouldn’t leave me too?”
__________________________________________________________________________
Jongwoon was the only one at the simple funeral.
He was the only one at the gravesite when they lowered the coffin into the ground, deep and dark and cold, into a place where Jongwoon could never reach.
He was the only one at the cemetery at night, when the wind howled and the rain fell, but he continued sitting by the grave, leaning against the gravestone as his fingers traced the photograph of Ryeowook embossed into it.
He couldn’t leave. Ryeowook needed him. He’d promised he never would leave.
__________________________________________________________________________
It was only two days later that Jongwoon made his decision.
“I love you,” he whispered over and over as he swallowed pill after pill after pill, medication that he’d procured from a pharmacy when he left Ryeowook earlier that day, just long enough for him to get what he needed. “I love you, Ryeowook, wait for me, all right?”
His head was already spinning and growing heavy; he struggled to keep his eyes open, so he could continue looking at Ryeowook’s photograph, continue taking more pills, until the bottles were all empty. He smiled at him, closing his eyes finally, visualizing Ryeowook in his mind.
“I’m going to you now,” he whispered, holding on to the image of Ryeowook as long as he could, until finally all went black.
At least the last part is.
GAH T.T
DDD;

No comments:
Post a Comment